Sunday, August 23, 2020

2020 Lake Champlain

 


COVID happened! It was touch and go at first on whether or not we were going to be able to get into Canada this year to go fishing but by the time our date for Deer Horn Lodge came up it wasn't happening so we decided to try Lake Champlain this year.


We found an Air BnB adjacent to Mooney Bay Marina at Point Au Roche in Plattsburg, NY.  The owner had two houses and two trailers on the property and we rented the house closest to the water. It had a dock, too, but we found that the level of the lake was down quite a bit because it was a dry winter.


The accommodation was pretty nice. Big kitchen and refrigerator. Really good WiFi and Cell service, too.  


Two bedrooms and there was A/C in the main part of the house. 


I decided to bring a bike with me since my father doesn't like to go out after dinner and I thought I would get in a few miles of riding this week. Something I could never do at DHL unless I bought a mountain bike. 


We launched the boat from the State boat ramp a few miles up the road and I had to run it back to marina.


We got a little of taste of Canada.


No comments: