Saturday, July 05, 2014

Our first accident in Canada, sort of.

We were driving down Highway 117 having just left the La Verendrye and coming into Grand Remous when there was a blur of brown in the corner of my eye and then a loud THUNK against the back of the truck. Looking in the side view mirror I saw a deer was now tangled up in the trailer undercarriage. 


I found a safe spot to pull off the road and assess the damage.  Later, according to my Dad's assurance adjuster this is the first claim for a Deer hitting a boat.  You see in the picture above there is in fact a dent in the bow.


The deer was big and heavy and I had to roll backwards in order to loosen it off the strut.  I threw on some gloves that I had in the car because I wasn't touching it and was able to get it off trailer. 


It took out the wheel fender and running light on the trailer.  Some Canadian guy stopped to make sure we were OK, I guess he saw it happen.  I thought he wanted the deer.


Damage to my Dad's truck

No comments: