Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cabonga Water level as of 7/20/2010

Capacity: 360.88
Current: 358.40
Difference: 2.48 m
Level Level: 8.14 feet down!

It's still going down and almost another foot from the previous week! Yikes. I don't think you are getting through Wa Wa pass unless you have a canoe. You probably could get down to the big water via Stern's Pass but it will be a slow go. The first time I went to DHL, a woman who has accompanied her husband up there since the 50s or 60s said at the narrowest point on the route to Sterns Pass, when the water was low enough, it was like a water fall or rapid (see image below). I could see that with the way the rocks are situated in there. To get to that point, I think the level has to go down to 10 or 11 feet, which according to Steve Hamel, it got to that point in 2000.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.